Course Date and Time:
Sunday June 26, 2022
8:30am - 4:30pm
Prerequisite: Completion of Level 1 MFD course, live or online.
Course tuition includes new MFD Precision Pump (distributed on the day of course).
· Understand how to operate the precision MFD pump at specific mmHg to target specific tissue layers, and visualize the imaging research that matches these recomendations.
· Understand how to utilize MFD to assist with lymphatic flow and dysfunction.
· Understand the basic principles of muscle inhibition, and how to utilize MFD for inhibitory influence to promote improvements in coordination and movement efficiency.
· Understand the basic principles of kinesthetic awareness and proprioception, and how MFD is used with kinesthetic awareness cueing to improve movement efficiency.
· Be able to combine MFD techniques (extensibility, inhibition, and kinesthetic awareness) with neuromuscular re-education principles to build a program for specific sport populations.
· Demonstrate in lab manual applications of MFD to treat specific sport populations including cyclists, runners, swimmers, golfers, contact sport athletes & throwing athletes.
· Administer specific intermediate neuromuscular re-education principles after MFD to restore optimal function, as demonstrated in lab.
Upon completion of the Level 2 course, there is an opportunity to take a certification exam. Exam components include 40 question mulitple choice design with practical as a lab portion.
Motion PT Midtown East
160 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022
This course is approved for CEU's certified through the New York State Physical Therapy Board. This course can be found on the NY PT Board's list of approved providers under the following information:
University California San Francisco Dept. Physical Therapy & Bay Area Sports Performance
1500 Owens Street, Suite 400
San Francisco, CA 94158
Telephone: (916) 501-7177
Web Address: https://ptrehab.ucsf.edu/continuing-education010
**Effective Date: June 20, 2017
New York, NY Level 2 Advanced with MFD Precision Pump
Please specify first and last name you want printed on your certification upon completing course. Please also include corresponding email. If you are purchasing more than 1 course, please list all attendee names and corresponding emails as well.