Course Date & Time:
Saturday April 13 & 14, 2024
Mariano Sanchez Fontecilla
*An online didactic review portion will be required before attending the course. The time requirement for the self-paced session is approximately 2 hours.
MFD: Myofascial Decompression Techniques; Increased efficiency of motion through fascial mobility and neuromuscular re-education.
Who can take the course: PT, ATC, LMT, PTA, OT, MD, DO, LAc, and other health care professionals.
Pre-Requisites: Proof of licensure or certification.
Recommended: Basic course in manual therapy, understanding of end feel; tissue texture changes.
Level One Course Objectives:
• Understand the properties skin/fascia and its interface with the musculoskeletal and neurologic systems.
• Understand histological subunits of myofascial layers, trigger points, common referred pain patterns, fascial lines, and Janda’s concepts.
• Understand precautions and contraindications when using negative pressure tools; documentation and billing
• Demonstrate appropriate and effective handling when using negative pressure with movment in lab settings with competency
Level Two Objectives:
· Understand how to operate the precision MFD pump at specific mmHg to target specific tissue layers, and visualize the imaging research that matches these recomendations.
· Understand how to utilize MFD to assist with lymphatic flow and dysfunction.
· Understand the basic principles of muscle inhibition, and how to utilize MFD for inhibitory influence to promote improvements in coordination and movement efficiency.
· Understand the basic principles of kinesthetic awareness and proprioception, and how MFD is used with kinesthetic awareness cueing to improve movement efficiency.
· Be able to combine MFD techniques (extensibility, inhibition, and kinesthetic awareness) with neuromuscular re-education principles to build a program for specific sport populations.
· Demonstrate in lab manual applications of MFD to treat specific sport populations including cyclists, runners, swimmers, golfers, contact sport athletes & throwing athletes.
· Administer specific intermediate neuromuscular re-education principles after MFD to restore optimal function, as demonstrated in lab.
Upon completion of the Level 2 course, there is an opportunity to take a certification exam. Exam components include 40 question mulitple choice design with practical as a lab portion.
Santiago, Chile - Level 1 & Level 2 Combo
Please specify first and last name you want printed on your certification upon completing course. Please also include corresponding email. If you are purchasing more than 1 course, please list all attendee names and corresponding emails as well.