Level 1 and Level 2 Course cost includes a professional encased 24 piece pneumatic cup set to take with you, a curved cup pack, and the certification exam option.
CEU approved course through California PT board and BOC nationally for ATCs; 8 contact hours per course.
Myofascial Decompression Techniques; Increased efficiency of motion through fascial flexibility and neuromuscular re-education.
Who can take the course: PT, ATC, PTA, OT, MD, DO, DC
Pre-Requisites: Proof of licensure or certification.
Recommended: Basic course in manual therapy, understanding of end feel & tissue texture changes.
• Understand the properties skin/fascia and its interface with the musculoskeletal and neurologic systems.
• Understand histological subunits of myofascial layers, trigger points, common referred pain patterns, fascial lines, and postural syndromes.
• Understand precautions and contraindications when using negative pressure tools; documentation and billing
• Demonstrate appropriate and effective handling when using negative pressure with movment in lab settings with competency
• Perform a systematic examination including movement assessment, ROM acquisition, patterned strength testing and palpation exam
Summarize the evidence in the literature on trigger points, their associated referred pain patterns, and techniques for management
• Distinguish and trace EBM fascial slings and correlate them to commonly known Eastern medicine meridians of the body
• Demonstrate manual therapy applications of MFD paired with movement to treat common specific sport pathologies in cyclists, runners, tennis, swimmers, golfers, contact sport athletes and throwing athletes
• Administer specific intermediate neuromuscular re-education principles after MFD to restore optimal function, as demonstrated in lab
Penn State Sports Medicine; L1 & 2
Please specify first and last name you want printed on your certification upon completing course. Please also include corresponding email. If you are purchasing more than 1 course, please list all attendee names and corresponding emails as well.